Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yes, I would like some Basil


The little farmers market by our house happens every Wednesday and Sunday. I have time enough on Wednesdays on my way home from work to pick up some good eats. Heirloom tomato season is coming to an end, so I wanted to make sure I ate some, today! I also picked up some apples and chard and green beans and of course basil, to go with my tomatoes.





Yum, yum!

And then I made this while Moni was making pasta with lots of veggies.

And I made this super easy tart, that my friend Alejandra, the chef, whipped up for us one day. We already had the pastry crust in our freezer. It's super easy and quick. Thaw crust, peel apples, toss with sugar. Put apples in heaping mound in middle of thawed crust, brush with egg whites and sprinkle the top with more sugar. Cook in oven at 350 til golden brown.

I was like, "lets make whip cream". And he was like, "NO! Let's make ice cream, banana ice cream!" I was like, "you can't just whip it up like that, you need a recipe." And he was like, "No, you don't." And he was right. And it was good! The End...or is it?

3 comments:

  1. what? how'd you whip up banana ice cream? that sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that apple thing looks fucking rediculously good. I would eat it all. Like that time I ate all the lemon squares and didn't even share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're so evil!! And Tara we have an ice cream maker now and we just mashed bananas w heavy whipping cream and heated them on the stove with vanilla and sugar to taste, and then stuck it in the freezer til cold and then....we put it the machine!

    ReplyDelete