Saturday, November 21, 2009

Where kids come, to play along…

Most of us have seen the famous foul-mouthed TV chef, Gordon Ramsay on one of his many shows.  I was watching his British show: “The F Word”, and in the first episode he made an herb encrusted rack of lamb.  I thought it looked really good, and easy enough, so I thought I would give it a go.

I will not go through, step by step how to make it, the recipe can be viewed here:
 http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/159/f-word-s1-recipe1.jsp
and here is the video clip from the show:

A warning, the recipe above is in the metric system.  I had to look how hot to set my oven to make it 200 degrees Celsius. 

And here is my attempt! 

DSC01156

Started out with my herbs, cilantro (the recipe I linked to called it “Coriander”…Crazy Brits), parsley, rosemary, thyme, and parmesan.  And I blended it all up with some bread crumbs.

 DSC01157 DSC01158

I scored the fat then seared them in a very hot pan before transferring them to the oven.  They took a lot longer to cook in the oven than the recipe indicated. 

DSC01159

After brushing them with mustard I packed on the topping.  Then I put it back in the oven to crisp up.

DSC01160

I sliced it between the bones and served it over garlic mashed potatoes, and some asparagus. 

DSC01161 DSC01162

It tasted great!  by some miracle, it was perfectly medium rare, and was so tender.  Each bite tasted lightly of mustard, and the crust was very delicious.  I have never cooked lamb before, and my first try was a roaring success!

lamb-chop-puppet

That’s right, she is just as tasty as she looks.

2 comments: