Wednesday, September 23, 2009

pizza!

So I've been craving some homemade pizza lately, and tonight I finally got around to making it. I tried out this really good dough recipe which probably would have risen better if my pizza didn't have so many toppings. oops...

Plus, I always put alot of sauce on my pizzas. The sauce I made was basically onions, garlic, and bell peppers sauteed, then tomato sauce is added and spices until it tastes good. Very scientific indeed...

On my pizza, I put spinich, mushrooms, olives and fresh basil, diced tomatoes, and feta cheese after it was baked. On Peter's pizza it was pepperoni, salami, mozzarella, mushrooms, olives and parmesan cheese. Peter needs around 3 million calories a day when he's weight lifting so I basically add meat and cheese to his portion of anything I cook.

Here is my pizza before the oven!

And here is Peter's pizza after the oven!


All in all, it was delicious beyond my wildest imagination! Here is the pizza dough recipe I used.


Pizza Dough


INGREDIENTS
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white sugar


Basically you dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let it stand for 10-20 min. Then mix everything together and let it rise to double in size. Then you roll out, put on your toppings and throw it in the oven! The recipe I saw said to let the pizza bake for 20 min, but I just left it in there until the crust looked good.

4 comments:

  1. It looks tasty! Last time I made pizza I let one of the crusts rise too much and it was like a loaf of bread with pizza toppings. Yours was probably just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh, that looks so good. I need pizza now. Ohmygosh, i'm so starving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicia--- did you let the crust rise before you put the toppings on it? They look REALLY good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And your photo of the ingredients is artistic!

    ReplyDelete