Monday, April 12, 2010

I Really Like to Make and Eat CRISPS!!

Okay, okay here we go... I take some liberty to add a few things here and there, so this recipe is not only delicious, but flexible for those of you who enjoy experimenting with your cooking!

Ingredients:

2 Rome apples (I used pink ladies this time, just as good)
2 pears
1/2 cup dried cranberries (can use raisins or dried cherries)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons honey (I used a little more)
2 tablespoons lemon juice

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup quick cooking oats (I used a little more)
1/4 cup ground walnuts (I use almonds, plus it adds texture if some of
them are just chopped, not ground)
1/2 cup butter

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375. Peel apples and pears and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Combine with dried cranberries, 1 tablespoon flour, honey, and lemon juice. Place mixture in a greased 8x8 inch square baking dish. (I also sprinkled cinnamon over fruit mixture).

2. Blend together 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, nuts, and butter until crumbly. Do not overmix. Sprinkle flour mixture over fruit.

3.Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until brown and crisp on top. About 6 servings. And about 432 calories.

Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Dude Rachie, you should come over and make me some crisp. i'll preheat the oven for you.

    ReplyDelete