Thursday, March 3, 2011

March is for Macaroons




Not a surprise this is another America's Test Kitchen recipe. They give great results.

I like to make cookies! I've never made these kind before, and the recipe was interesting. It was the first time I used Almond Flour; and the second time since receiving my new standing mixer for Christmas that I used it. It's a lot of fun and when the recipe calls for mixer slowly, I have to resist the urge to go faster and faster! I only needed to make a half portion of the butter-cream filling. Upon tasting it, all I could taste was butter, and not in a good way. When I used it to fill the moist cookies, it all had the same flavor. It just wasn't right. So I decided to add a little orange extract, and it was just thing to lighten up the cookie! Now these buggers are in my house and every time I start snacking on one, I think TEA TIME!, and brew a cup of tea to have with the second one! Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try/make/eat these for so long! I can't believe that I still haven't every had one. My life is AWFUL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take you to a place here that's supposed to have great ones when you come here!!!

    ReplyDelete