Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm pretty sure most of us on here have seen Anthony Bourdain's television show, No Reservations. And if you haven't, you should check it out or download some episodes. Very entertaining and lots of interesting locales and food. But I also just picked up his book, Kitchen Confidential, a memoir/chef's letter to the public. Viewing the workings of restaurants from the back of the house. Which is easy for me to relate to, as mostly he bitches about horrible customers and people who should never own a restaurant. Sounds like my life. But the real center to the book is his growth as a chef, his realization that he really didn't know that much about food when he was just starting out. At times, the book can be very sweet and tragic. A great companion to No Reservations.

2 comments:

  1. plus he's hot! oh yeeeaaasss! does it have a centerfold by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot of books about cooking, but none about being a cook. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete