Monday, October 26, 2009

Chicken with Peanut Sauce


Memo bought prepared peanut sauce a long time ago, and I decided it was time to use it for some phony Thai chicken. First I cut up the chicken and marinated it in a combination of soy sauce, a little canola oil, fresh garlic, ground coriander, and cumin.


Then I tasted the peanut sauce and decided it wasn't that good. So I doctored it up by adding a secret ingredient and cooking it. Okay, the secret ingredient was dark brown sugar.


I cooked the marinated chicken in the oven on a rimmed pan so the chicken would sit in the marinade. Then at the end I covered the chicken with the peanut sauce and put it on broil. It was sticky and good!

3 comments:

  1. The secret ingredient should always be brown sugar. How can that go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks yummmeeeee. maybe we'll make that for thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete