Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Riconsito!

You want good, real, and cheap Mexican food on the eastside? Look no further than Taqueria El Reconsito!

DSC01064 I love this place so much that I convinced the person interviewing me at Microsoft that we should go there for my lunchtime interview.

Why do I like it so much? It is hard go get good Mexican food in the Redmond/Bellevue area, but this one place may just make up for it. Tasty and properly made dishes are here, like medudo, posole, birria (they just have great soups in general), enchiladas, quesadillas…and my favorite…Tacos! The real tacos, in two little soft tortillas, with grilled meats and cilantro, for about a dollar a taco.

DSC01068 This is me waiting for my tacos to arrive, my limes, radishes, and green salsa eager to be used. To help mitigate the pain of waiting, I recommend the horchata. Yes, they have great horchata and other aguas frescas, such a tamarindo, mango, and piña. With endless refills!

And here they are, the moment of truth:

DSC01071 Served with grilled onions and jalapeño, you squeeze your lime on the tacos, pour on your salsa, put radishes on the meat, and add a sprinkling of salt. Then dig in.

DSC01075 Amazing.

5 comments:

  1. I also broke a bottle of rootbeer on the floor. they were very nice about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about mentioning that Felicia, but didn't find a place to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am disturbed by how you spelled the name twice incorrectly in the title here and the 1st line. It's bad enough that the restaurant spells it wrong! Rinconcito = Little Corner

    ReplyDelete