Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is there pee in my soup?!

Not PEE soup! it's Pea Soup! Split Pea Soup to be specific!

Soooooo, I made my first attempt at split pea soup since it's cold and peter wanted something with ham... so I put some split peas, carrots, potatoes, dill, parsley, garlic, onions, salt salt salt, and pepper pepper pepper.

so all was going well.. at the beginning as seen here...
And here you can see how pretty the peas look when wet... ooooohhh... ahhhh.....
and here is the finished product (pictured with ham)... I prefer my portion without ham...

I did have a problem with my potatoes, however. They sort of kind of dissolved and turned my soup into a starchy mass. Not unlike mashed potatoes. It was only much later that Paris told me I was supposed to add the potatoes at the very end, so that they don't dissolved and turn your soup into starch. THANKS PARIS! (and in case you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic!)

3 comments:

  1. Yea, that is kind of common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also for added flavor, if your ham came on a bone, you could have cut the ham off the bone and cooked the bone with the soup, and then added the chopped ham to servings as you see fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how is that common sense! it doesn't happen with lentils!

    ReplyDelete